Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Fourth Chemo


Blood work Monday. I don’t mind it, but it’s always a reminder chemo is coming in a week. Anyway, white blood cell count good, all results good. I asked if I was getting a lower dosage than others and was told 10% less because of my age. I said everyone else I know going through this are having way more trouble than I am. She said it was 1. They weren’t drinking enough water 2. They weren’t exercising (that’s a biggie)  3. It’s a mindset and mine is good. It appears the 10% less is relative. I sure hope that’s right. 
Big eye test last Monday. Result? Eyes are fine, but he wanted me to see a neuro guy in his office. Decided to talk to internist first. Not sure I want to open that can of worms. Internist appointment is next week, day before fifth chemo.

Fourth chemo went well and no, this is not following the exact pattern as the first three, but close. Think I was a day or so longer getting my feet under me. Fifth chemo is next Tuesday....only one more to go after that. 

My son and DIL came for a weekend, as you can see from the photos on Instagram. Of course, it rained the entire time. We shopped around, but I got so wet, in and out of air conditioning, I was worried about catching a cold, which is a major no-no and they wouldn’t do the chemo. I had them drop me off. But I’m fine, took a lot of vitamin C. 

Unfortunately for them (and a bad omen for the rest of the summer) the seaweed problem is back and the word is....it’ll be worse this year.

1 comment:

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Glad to hear your update, Barbara! I do think what they say about taking care of yourself with exercise, water and mindset are all important. Glad to hear! That amazing that you only have two more chemo treatments left. Yay!!! And, by the way, you look great in your IG photos!! Are you wearing your wig in the photo with your two sons? It looks so natural! I have a friend who would love to get a wig and I can't remember where you got yours. I know it was local so I'm not sure it would be something that can be ordered or not.